I made this for the first time on Valentines Day and included it in a lovely picnic for two. A amazingly sweet, deeply satisfying dessert idea with the added nutritional benefits of flaxseed and cocao.
- 1 3/4 cup dates, pitted
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon carob powder
- 1 tablespoon flaxseed powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 cups fruit
- Soak the dates in 1/4 cup water for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the cashews and 1 1/4 cup water to create cashew cream.
- Add the drained dates, cacao powder, carob powder, flaxseed powder, vanilla, and salt to the blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Serve caramel dip with fruit on a platter.